Generator huge’s fume kills family of five in Anambra State.

The Police Command in Anambra State has confirmed the death of a family of five in a bungalow at Oze Village, Nkwelle Ezunaka.

The man and his wife as well as two of their children, his mother-in law and his new apprentice died the first night they moved into the new house built by the deceased.

A statement by the Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Tochukwu Ikenga said an autopsy conducted on the corpses revealed the cause of death to be carbon monoxide poisoning as they were killed by fumes from the generator.

He explained that a visit to the scene of the crime revealed a generator connected to the house electricity grid was kept in a confined space without proper ventilation.

According to the statement, the Commissioner of Police, Aderemi Adeoye while commiserating with the bereaved families, advised the public on the terrible dangers of operating generators indoors as carbon monoxide which is emitted in the fume is a deadly gas that has wiped out several families due to ignorance.

He told the residents of the state to always keep their generators in well-ventilated spaces while in use.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *